
Well there were not fireworks for 24 hours but it was a day to celebrate regardless! At 9:00 am this morning we completed our readoption process for both Cade and Claire in the US. Chinese children are considered US citizens when they touch US soil as long as both their parents travel to China for at least the beginning of the process. Of course this was not the case for Cade and although I am still not tying to be resentful to his (then) chain of command, we are doing what must be done to make Cade a citizen! For Claire this means that she will have a US birth certificate! That will make it so much nicer in the future when she needs birth certificates. The same will be true for Cade but this process was about more for him. We are now able to apply for his Certificate of Citizenship! I think that this is the last step in our adoption processes!!! I am sure that all on our family will be glad for their own reasons. I will be happy to be done with all the paperwork, James will he happy to stop writing checks and our other kiddos will be happy to stop hearing about paperwork and checks ... as I am sure some of you as well!




2 comments:
Congratulations Cox Family! I understand your relief. We have Judge Hancock in our photos too. When he walked in the quiet room (we were the only family there), Jaelyn declared "no shots!" It was quite funny, and fortunately he thought so too.
Congrats!!!
We still need to do this for our kiddos! Time to get on the ball!
Stop by my blog for a minute when you get a chance! :)Thx.
:)
Amie
Post a Comment