Monday, February 23, 2009

Cade @ Childrens


Cade and I have made it to the hospital and all I can say is God is Good!!!!! Cade has been on a clear liquid diet and he has been great! Nearly even a joy to be around. I am shocked truly! What 3 year old does not insist on food when it is withheld? Susan was able to take us to the hospital which was another huge blessings. I would not be removing the family car from home and did not have to cart in all our stuff and Cade by myself. It was so relaxing to just ride as well. Once we got here they had hosed up our check in just a bit but after last time and waiting 2 1/2 hours to be found in the system ... it was not a big deal.

I had been worried though that we would be on the door side of a room and Cade would have to have food taken back and forth in front of him all week for his bedmate so I was asking the woman who was walking us if we could try to get him by the window. She said the nurse would take care of it ... well ... I am in heaven. I had always walked by and seen those rooms where there was only one bed in them but assumed you would have to have some type of luxury insurance or be highly contagious ... guess not ... because we got in one!!!! I could not be more excited!

The doctor just came by and said that today should be fairly simple. They will continue with Cade's "clean out" and once he gets his IV we care going to be able to head down to the playroom! I do think I will have to get a volunteer to come in and sit with him for just a bit or insist that he takes a nap in a little while so I can sneak something to eat :) Surgery is tomorrow but we have not been told the time yet. I will update the blog as regularly as I can . Thanks for all your prayers!

By the way, I wanted SO badly to have my camera up here with me but I just could not bring myself to packing it up. So all the photos you will get are going to be courtesy of Photo Booth :)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so glad you made it safely. I am so glad that Little Man is doing so well. I still praying for that miracle and that the surgery is a wonderful success.

Mom Of Many said...

I am sooooo glad you wrote on my blog so I could know where you are. I am so out of the loop from the fire and had no idea. We will be earnestly praying. He is adorable and I hate that kids have to have surgery. Please keep updating your blog - I'm on it! Much love, Linn