The last few days I have been reading my daily devotional from Girlfriends in God. It spoke directly to me, as it was ministering to those walking through depression. It mentioned being transparent to build a support system around yourself. Although I know that I am coming out of the deep end of this trial, a support system will still be so vital. I appreciate each one of you who may be feeling called to lift me and my family up in prayer during this time.
One thing that I missed the most in this last year that I have been at home and in this darkness is ministering to others. God has used me in the past to minister in various ways. My heart has always been drawn to children's, women's and orphan ministries. I seemed to always be doing one of those ministries at any given time but never really two at once since that would take too much time away from my family. In the last few months God began to reveal to me His plan for me in ministering for Him in the future.
Although I have felt so far away from God, He has been beside me preparing me for what He had in store for me. Much of my outlet to the world outside my home was found on the internet. Through adoption groups I belonged to or blogs that I followed I began to be drawn to prayer for these families. At first all the blogs I followed were adoption related but soon I found blogs that were not. I began to see parts of my life that I had set aside during and after our adoptions and I recognized how desperately I missed those pieces of my life. I missed being the organized homeschooling mom, the friendly wife and the joyful hostess. I missed being able to minister to family and friends in my home and some of my friends did not take the new me too well. Some began to avoid me and for those who didn't I began to avoid them. It was easier to reject them than to feel rejected by another person.
I know that all of these pieces of my life will be restored and I know that all the work that God has done in my past is still relevant today! I have not forgotten the lessons from before my depression and even the depression its self has been a tool that God will use in me for the future. Part of that healing process for me has been to start a different type of blog. On this blog I share family activities and personal stories. My other blog is still very personal but I am just a bit more careful about my children's identities. I refer to living in the pacific northwest but not our hometown. Even though the blog os personal it is meant for more than catching up with our family, it is meant for a ministry to others. I would love for each of you to follow along! This blog will not be going private but it is not able to found through search engines like the other one is. Since you do know us personally I would just appreciate if you can help me out by not mentioning our exact location on the blog or the names of the people I mention in my posts. I appreciate that SO much :)
So come on over to findingrealityinhim.blogspot.com and let me know if you like what you see :)




2 comments:
Thanks Lisa for your honesty:) I cherish your friendship and look forward to spending time with you in China this summer, but we don't have to wait until then to get together! Funny you mention the girlfriend devotionals, as I too have been reading them. Where I can't say it's depression, I know I have been in a funk lately and am ready to get out of it. These dark days of winter around here don't help.
I'm going to head on over to your new blog now. God bless!
Lisa,
I have a few minutes (E & E are carrying dog food around in little cups and trying to feed little Nelly - she is a small dog, so her appetite is little, but they keep trying to get her to eat and dog food is everywhere!)....But as long as they are busy I wanted to catch up on some of my favorite blogs...
So Miss Lisa,...Your transparency is so completely refreshing! I will head over there, but know that I, for one, will be praying for you. That the God of the Universe will meet your very deep needs and bring healing.
Some of my favorite verses for difficult times:
"You will forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by. Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning. You will be secure, because there is hope, you will look about you and take your rest in safety. You will lie down , with no one to make you afraid and many will court your favor."
Job 11: 16-19
These verses will be my prayer for you.
Love, Linn
Post a Comment