Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Fire at the Saunder's Home

If any of you have had the pleasure of getting to know that Saunder's though their blog being linked to ours (A Place Called Simplicity) then you know just how precious this family is. If you have not this is my version of their story in a nutshell. They have 10 children from all over the globe and one waiting in China currently. They faithfully serve our God as pastors and daily inspire others through their blog to serve Him as well. This morning I woke to see on their blog that their house was on fire. They just brought home two babies from Uganda over a month ago and as I said, have a little girl waiting for them in China.

I know how expensive adoption are and I am sure that funds were already a little tight for them with three adoptions taking place at the same time. If you fee called please help by sending them a donation to their church

The River Church
Re: Saunders Fire
860 Plymouth Dr
Durango, CO 81301-4755

**Make sure you put in the memo of your check SAUNDERS FIRE

This is the quickest way I know how to get them what they need right now. If I hear of a chip in button through out the day I will post it here so that we can take part in it as well. I am also waiting to hear back about possibly sending clothing donations. It sounds like the inside of the house, the back of the house and especially the babies room is a total loss. It is a miracle that any of it was saved considering it is a log home. Praise God that they are all well. 

Please join me in praying for this family as they experience such a loss.

UPDATE ***

I found this at their friend's blog:

Elizabeth & Elijah's room is completely destroyed, along with the laundry room. The rest of the house sustained heavy smoke & water damage. Elizabeth's size is a 3T and Elijah's is a 24M. Isaiah is in 4t or 5, Liberty is in a 10, and Emma is a women's size 0. They think that few of the kids' clothes will be salvageable due to the smoke & water damage. Graham lost all of his clothes, as he had them in the laundry room. He wears a 32/32 pant and men's medium shirt. The only shoe size I have right now is Graham's, which is a 10 or 10 1/2. Dw has a few clothes, as he was at that pastors' retreat. Linn ran out without a coat or anything. We weren't sure of their sizes, but we think Dw is a large or xl, and Linn might be a 6, but that's just a guess. You can send any clothing donations to the church address as well.

No comments: