Mother's Day was a series of unplanned blessings! I had originally invited a couple from our church over for dinner. I had not realized it would be Mother's Day when I did so but it turned out to be perfect. Their children do not live in town and they have blessed us so, I wanted to return the favor. On that Saturday, my sister law graduated from college. I was so very proud of her. I asked if they would be spending Mother's Day at her mothers and when she told me no, I insisted that they join us. She graciously agreed. Then that night I ran into a family who our family just adores. I assumed that they would be out of town with her family since they traditionally spend holidays with them. When they said that they were just going fishing, I asked if they would consider joining us for dinner as well.
The Lord had already prepared the meal. The piece of meat I bought was far too large but I had decided to just cook part of it but after everyone agreed to come, it was just enough. The mushroom moussaka was already a large enough dish to serve an army and Costco sold English cucumbers in a three pack so there was plenty of cucumber tomato salad to go around. Topping it off with peach pie and strawberry shortcake ... there is not much more to say :)
I must say that there were a few things that made Sunday most special ...
I would like to get a picture of them all again soon because we have learned some good news ...
Who just celebrated his high school graduation with us last June ...
Because he did such a good job reading books ...
and paying attention in all his classes ...
This fall he will be heading to a college he has been hoping to go to for the last year!!!!!!!
I will miss him so much but I could not be happier for him ... Congratulations Jace!





1 comment:
Jace became more than a friend to me over the past year... Jace became one of the brothers that I never had. Im so happy to hear he's going off to college! I'll have to plan my trips up north around when he (and all the other college kids will be in town!) Im excited to spend christmas with you guys again this year!
Post a Comment