Friday, June 4, 2010

The Orphan

I don't generally repost other blog posts but this one got me thinking. Tom Davis is one of my favorite authors. I was in disbelief yesterday that the Vegas airport did not have his latest book for me to purchase on my way home! (Of course there were three copies waiting for me at my house ... but I wanted it then :) Regardless, Tom is an author that takes his responsibility to orphans a step further than most and then, takes another step. You must check out a recent article on his blog.


James and I have been praying about what God has for us in the future with the plight of the orphan. We have thought that maybe we were called to adopt again. We have even been in the process once this last year, only to have the opportunity be taken away. It was not easy to have your hopes sets on bringing a new child into your family and then be told no, but the Lord is the one who we trust to make those decisions.

Our eyes have been opened a little wider to what God may have for us to do next for the orphan. I have shared with all of you that James is going to school to be a pastor but our hearts are not really set on finding a home church and settling in. Our hearts are set on entering the mission field. It just feels like the right thing to us. It does not all make sense to us. Realistically, we are not sure how much longer we have in the military, we can't begin to see how we will ever be able to sell our home for what we need to in the current market and we have older children who are 3/4 deep into college! It almost feels like two sides of our brains go on simultaneously. I suppose that is where faith comes in. We don't know how all of that will work out, we just know that we are called to be prepared and prepared we will be. We must trust the rest to the Lord. He and He alone will work out the details. We covet your prayers during this time.

2 comments:

Toni said...

Can I borrow one of your three copies for my trip? It would be great plane reading!

Lisa said...

Yes you may :) I only personally have one ... the others I have given away but mine is yours!!!